The Elona Memorial Children’s Library is dedicated to the memory of Elona Choudhary.
It houses a wide assortment of Bengali, English and Hindi literature, periodicals, music, and motion pictures.
Our mission is to provide a window to the members to enliven their nostalgic memories, introduce the next gen to their roots, while maintaining quality services to support our community.
- About 1000 titles in Bengali and English in a wide range of genre, including fiction, poetry, drama, religion and nonfiction on various topics.
- Nearly 500 movies, including the latest Bengali ones.
- Music CDs.
- A quiet reading environment.
||$25 per year
||$50 per year
|Bangla School Students
- Apart from annual membership fee, Library members are charged a one-time security deposit. The security deposit is fully refundable (unless adjustment is required towards non-return of items issued to the member).
- Membership is for a period of one year from the date of first payment and not on calendar year basis.
- A minimum one-month notice is required to refund the security deposit.
- At the beginning of each membership period, any late charges will be added to the membership fee. Members can settle late charges during the year as well.
- The library operates every Sunday from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM. Designated holidays are announced in Library calendar. The library also operates for limited hours during the summer.
- Members can borrow up to (2) books, (2) DVDs and (2) periodicals at one time.
- Periodicals will be issued (3) months after date of publication – until then these will be available for library reading only.
- The library reading room is open to all.
- Books and Puja anniversaries will be issued for a period of (4) weeks, and can be renewed for another (2) periods of 4 weeks each.
- DVDs will be issued for a period of (2) weeks, and can be renewed for another (2) periods of (2) weeks each.
- Bangla School students can borrow up to two children books at a time, for a period of (2) weeks, and can renew for another (2) periods of (2) weeks each.
- Holidays will not be counted towards renewal time except for if a library item is due to be returned on a holiday.
- Timely return of library items is a membership obligation. The library may send e-mail reminders from time to time; however, members should not depend on the reminders.
- Once the grace period has expired, the defaulting members will be charged $1 per week per library material until the item is returned, or the cost of book/DVD/periodical etc., whichever is lower.
- Cost of library items are determined on a landed basis, and therefore includes shipping and handling cost.
- Any change in library rules will be notified ether by e-mail or on the library notice board.